Duty Solicitor Crime
Competitive salary and on-call out of hours payments along with 23 days holiday.
We are seeking a Duty Qualified Senior Criminal Solicitor to join our Swansea based practice. Higher Rights of Audience accreditation desirable but not essential.
We will want you to apply for inclusion on the Duty rotas for Swansea Court and police stations.
You will attend Police Station interviews, conduct Magistrates’ Court proceedings, including trials (and Crown Court if appropriate) and manage your own caseload from inception thorough to conclusion with administrative support.
For further information please email email@example.com
We are looking for a full time legal secretary to be based at our Swansea office:
- audio typing and copy typing as necessary
- daily user administration of our case management system
- engrossment of documents
- operation of brought forward system
- filing duties
- dealing with telephone queries
- keeping of appointment diary for both Court and Office to include diary of relevant time limits
- arrangement of client appointments
- some photocopying
- dealing with clients either personally or by telephone in order to deal with simple matters
- promotion of employers business in keeping clients happy by efficient and polite manner
- liaison with branch offices concerning Court dates and appointments
- retention of new file lists
- retention of deeds list
- to ensure full compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Duties and Responsibilities
- deal with all work as swiftly and accurately as is reasonably practicable to ensure that mistakes are kept to a minimum
- deal with all tasks referred to above as pleasant and courteous a manner as is possible in order to project the correct image for the Firm
- ensure that mail is assigned to files within 48 hours of receipt
- undertake typing work on behalf of the designated Fee Earner and to assist with typing for other Fee Earners as and when requested to do so.
- ensure that all files are brought forward in accordance with their due dates.
- update and maintain fee earner diary, both on paper and electronically.
- accurately and efficiently submit and administer claims lodged through the claims portal.
- requisite typing skills
- friendly and helpful attitude towards staff and clients
- knowledge of document / case management systems
- proficiency at using Microsoft Office applications
- proficiency at using web based applications, including but not limited to the Claims Portal
- experience as a Legal Secretary working within the Claimant personal injury sector
- undertaking a large volume of typing work in a pressure situation
- experienced in submitting, and working within the on-line Claims portal
- ability to deal with both contentious and non-contentious work.
- Development of key skills in connection with the role will be considered as part of the ongoing appraisal process.
Please email our Practice Manager, Neil Startup with your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org