If you have a back injury caused by work, you may be owed compensation.
Suffering from a back injury at work can leave you in a challenging situation, affecting your ability to work and impacting other important areas of your life. In many cases, it is possible to receive compensation for your back injury, which can provide you with the help you need whilst recovering from your injury.
Get expert help to claim a back injury at work settlement
David W Harris & Co are specialist personal injury lawyers in South Wales. Our lawyers have helped a number of clients who have suffered from back injuries at work, so can deliver experienced advice for your claim.
Back injuries at work are common, causing severe pain for the affected person and potentially leaving them with long-lasting problems. Our lawyers offer stress-free and sensitive support during the claims process, whilst aiming to receive the maximum amount of compensation available for your back injury at work claim.
Our experience with back injury at work claims
We regularly help clients claim compensation in the £1,000-£500,000 range and recently secured a £14million settlement for one of our clients.
We offer no win, no fee back injury at work claims, so there is usually no upfront cost or financial risk in pursuing a claim with David W Harris & Co. We also take trade union-funded cases where appropriate.
Get a free first consultation with our back injury at work solicitors in South Wales
Unsure if you are entitled to back injury at work compensation or want to know more about how the claims process works?
We offer a free first consultation to answer your questions and help you decide whether you wish to pursue a back injury at work compensation claim. If you'd like an idea of how much compensation you could receive for your claim, you can use our personal injury calculator.
Please use our simple online enquiry form to book a free initial chat with our team. There will be no obligation to take things further unless you wish to do so – the decision over what to do next will be entirely yours.
Why use David W Harris & Co. for your back injury at work claim?
There are numerous reasons to work with our expert back injury at work lawyers, including:
- No win, no fee funding for back injury at work claims
- Millions of pounds in compensation recovered for our clients over the last 35 years
- Our expertise is independently recognised:
- We cover the whole of South Wales with offices in Pontypridd, Talbot Green and Swansea – home visits can also be arranged where appropriate
- Most back injury at work claims we handle are settled out of court, saving you time, legal costs, and stress
- We have a strong track record of securing maximum back injury at work compensation for our clients
Find out more about our personal injury claims expertise.
Back injury at work claims fees and funding
There are two main options for funding a back injury at work claim:
1.No win, no fee back injury at work claim – where you sign a ‘conditional fee agreement’ or ‘CFA’ with us.
Advantages of making a no win, no fee back injury at work claim includes:
- No charge to start a claim
- No fees to pay until and unless we win compensation for you
- If we can’t secure compensation for you, you won’t owe us anything
- No financial risk to you
2.Trade union funding – if you are a trade union member, they may cover some or all of the legal cost of making a back injury at work claim.
We will be happy to discuss the different options for funding a back injury at work claim with you during your initial consultation with our team.
Find out more about no win, no fee personal injury claims funding.
Common questions asked about back injury at work claims
How long do I have to claim a back injury at work settlement?
UK law generally states that a claimant has three years to make a back injury at work claim. However, it does not have to be three years from the incident that caused the back injury. Instead, it’s counted from the date that you were aware of your back injury and that someone else was wholly or partly at fault.
There are other exceptional circumstances where the claimant has longer than three years to make a claim, including where the injured party was under the age of 18 at the time of their injury. The time limit for claims does not count until the injured party turns 18, meaning they’ll have till their 21st birthday to claim.
Am I eligible to make a back injury at work claim?
For a claim to be eligible, the back injury must be caused by third-party negligence or deliberate action.
How much compensation can I claim for a back injury at work?
The amount of compensation that you could be entitled to from your back injury at work claim will depend on a variety of factors, these including:
- Financial losses due to your injury – where your injury has prevented you from being able to work
- Expected future financial losses due to your injury – where your injury is expected to prevent you from being able to work in the future
- Any medical expenses – this includes travel to and from any medical appointments
- Home modifications – if your injury has required your home to be modified to assist you
- Pain, suffering, and psychological trauma experienced – this applies both to your physical and mental health
Our South Wales back injury at work lawyers will be happy to discuss the potential compensation you could receive during your initial consultation.
What to do next about starting a back injury at work claim
Simply use our short online enquiry form to tell us you would like to speak to a member of our personal injury team about a potential back injury at work compensation claim, and we will be in touch promptly.